Thursday, 4 March 2010

Chrissy's Day 16: The law was just a band-aid

Romans 8:1-17

I think I'll take a couple of days to do this one. Had a rough day - didn't even manage to find time for a shower... But I've had a good read of this one and Mike and I have talked about it quite a bit so I'll jot down some of my initial thoughts.

Reflection

I like this from The Message.

"The law always ended up being used as a Band-Aid on sin instead of a deep healing of it."
So what did God do to heal it?
"He (God) didn't deal with the problem as something remote and unimportant... he personally took on the human condition... to set it right once and for all."
And so, "there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus".

But it gets better. Not only are we free from condemnation, but we are God's children!
"God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what's coming to us—an unbelievable inheritance!"
Prayer
Dear Lord,

Thank you for being a 'hands-on' father.
Thank you for getting your hands (and feet and head and shoulders and...) dirty when you needed too.

Lord, what an amazing thing to read about who I really am. I am your daughter (I struggle to believe this - Lord help my unbelief). I am your heir.

Please continue to teach me through the book of Romans.
And God, please show me how I can start to change my life and serve you because of what I am learning.

I want to be your servant, your vessel.

Amen

x
Chrissy

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP