Tuesday, 16 February 2010

Lent starts tomorrow

Our lenten project is all set to start tomorrow! I've decided to read the book of Romans to start with. I imagine that I'll finish it before the 46 days is up though so I'll move on to something else after that.

So, if you'd like to follow along with me, I'll be reading Romans chapter 1 tomorrow.

I've also been thinking that I'd like to say a prayer at the beginning of my 'quiet time' each day. So here is one I've written for that purpose.


Lord,
I come here now in search of you.

I've done some stupid and pig-headed things lately,
so please forgive me. Thank you for your amazing gift of grace.

There are so many things buzzing around inside my head,
so please help me to set them aside for a time.
I want to focus on you and your word.

Illuminate your word to me.
Speak to me. Open my eyes and ears and heart.

I want to be your servant, your vessel.
Amen
Catch ya tomorrow!

x
Chrissy

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP